The term Cultural Nonprofit refers to a variety of types of organizations such as historical societies, art centers, libraries, and museums. CreativeGround is a free tool for New England organizations of all kinds to do the following:
- Promote your organization's activities and services by creating a detailed and visually appealing profile
- Find artists in your community including Native American artists, public artists, touring artists, teaching artists, and NEST grant-eligible artists to engage in exhibits, performances, classes, residencies, or any number of other activities
- Invite cross-sector partnerships by making your organization visible to a broad regional audience including planners, developers, and government agencies
- Find potential collaborators for program development, cross promotion, and other projects to strengthen your organization
- If applicable, advertise your organization's space with details about rental fees, audience capacity, accessibility features, and more
- Get counted as a member of your local creative community for regional research and advocacy
Ready to get listed?
Great! Follow these instructions to get started.
Tips and Tricks
- CreativeGround includes profiles for cultural nonprofits of all legal statuses. Learn more about how to identify your organization's legal status here
- Fill out the 'Activities and Services' section of the profile fully to ensure users understand who you are and what you do
- No organization works alone - list your partners in the 'I Have Worked With' section. This can include artists you've presented, organizations you've collaborated with, designers and marketers who have helped promote your organization, etc.
- Think about what specific keywords someone might use to search for your organization and be sure to include those keywords in your 'Description of Work and Background'
- Are you a presenter? Make sure to indicate if you are a member of the Arts Presenters of Northern New England (APNNE) or the New England Presenters (NEP) consortia
- If you have a venue to rent, fill out the 'Venue for Rent/Use' section with fees, features, and more
- Highlight the accessibility features for both your programs and your venue space in the 'Accessibility of Services' and the 'Venue Available for Rent/Use' section of the profile
See some examples of great CreativeGround profiles:
Springfield City Library
|Custom House Maritime Museum
League of New Hampshire Craftsmen