Verandah Porche, poet, performer, mentor, writing partner, believes in the eloquence of unheard voices and in the universal right to play
* lively interactive readings including original songs
* poems crafted on commission by individuals or organizations
* innovative poetry residencies, pre-K to Elderhostel
* collaborative residencies to create a community self portrait through individual voices. Verandah developed "told poetry" to create personal literature through conversation, to support this work.
* "told poetry" residencies in hospitals and nursing homes
* scribe training for those interested in creating "told poetry"
A former student, now a magazine editor writes:
"Verandah showed us how words can paint pictures, can make you laugh or ache, remember or imagine. Language as song, as prayer, even as math. How language can stimulate the senses even touch, as certain words can feel physically pleasurable as they roll of your tongue."
BOOKS: The Body's Symmetry, Glancing Off, Sudden Eden
CATALOG: Shedding Light on the Working Forest, with painter Kathleen Kolb
CD: Come Over, songs co-written with Patty Carpenter,
for the Dysfunctional Family Jazz Band