VIRTUAL, Live and in Print: Creating work that astonishes, so that people are nourished and delighted (or challenged)
Mark Binder writes books and tells stories for diverse audiences – readers and listeners of all ages—young people, families and adults.
He is the Audie Award nominated author of more than two-dozen books and audio recordings. His live programs have been enjoyed by more than 200,000 listeners in schools, libraries, camps, theaters and festivals in the USA and Europe.
Mark studied mythology and storytelling at Columbia University, and had an MA in English and Theater from Rhode Island College and the Trinity Rep Conservatory. He has trained with the Adaptors Movement Theater, and holds a third degree black belt in Aikido. He was the founder of the Real Fun Theater Company, the American Story Theater, and most recently the Spoken Stories Saturdays series.
He has taught writing and storytelling to elementary, middle school, high school, and university students.
- For schools, Mark has tales that teach, live and virtual shows that delight, and workshop residencies that connect young people with the power of written and spoken language. His programs are aligned with curriculum and suitable for K-12, teachers and family outreach.
School Programs include: author visits, writing workshops and storytelling "concerts"
- In Libraries, Mark rocks out with adventures for patrons of every age!
Library Programs include: Summer Reading Stories that Rock—tales filled with fun and music • Gross-Out Stories for Kids (and adults with a sense of humor) • Read a Little Every Day—transmitting joy to early learners • Workshop: Telling and Reading Stories with Children • From Many, One—diverse stories that unite • Seasonal programs for Halloween, Holidays or any day
- At Theaters and Festivals, Mark has more than 150 stories in his repertoire, which can be assembled into sets to enthrall any audience. Programs can be seasonal, thematic, Omakase (dealer's choice) or comissioned. Mark sometimes brags that he can tell stories for at least two days without repeating.
- Life in Chelm, Original and traditional Jewish tales, suitable for every audience.
- Seasonal Programs for: spring, summer (camp), autumn (spooky), winter warmers, and holidays.
Mark's mission is to astonish, so that people of all ages are nourished, challenged and delighted. He tours the world, writing and performing original takes on traditional stories, tall tales, autobiographical lies and stories of fools and wise folk that entertain and educate people of all ages and backgrounds.
Recent works include: Summer 2020, The Misadventures of Rabbi Kibbitz and Mrs. Chaiupul, Loki Ragnarok (finalist for 2019 Audie Award for Original Work), The Zombie Cat, Transmit Joy (winner 2016 Parents' Choice Award for audio storytelling), Cinderella Spinderella (winner 5 international awards!) , It Ate My Sister, A Holiday Present, Stories for Peace, A Chanukah Present (finalist National Jewish Book Award for Family Literature), and his bestselling Bed Time Story Book Series.
For the latest, please visit the website at https://markbinder.com