Mark Binder writes books and tells stories for readers and listeners of all ages—young people, families and adults.
He is the author of more than 20 books and audio recordings. His live programs have been enjoyed by more than 200,000 listeners in schools, libraries, camps, theaters and festivals in the USA and Europe.
Mark studied mythology and storytelling at Columbia University, and had an MA in English and Theater from Rhode Island College and the Trinity Rep Conservatory. He has taught writing and storytelling to elementary, middle school, high school, and university students.
- For schools, Mark has tales that teach, shows that delight, and workshop residencies that connect young people with the power of written and spoken language. His programs are aligned with curriculum and suitable for K-12, teachers and family outreach.
School Programs include: author visits, writing workshops and storytelling "concerts"
- In Libraries, Mark rocks out with adventures for patrons of every age!
Library Programs include: Summer Reading Stories that Rock—tales filled with fun and music • Gross-Out Stories for Kids (and adults with a sense of humor) • Read a Little Every Day—transmitting joy to early learners • Workshop: Telling and Reading Stories with Children • From Many, One—diverse stories that unite • Seasonal programs for Halloween, Holidays or any day
- At Theaters and Festivals, Mark has more than 150 stories in his repertoire, which can be assembled into sets to enthrall any audience. Programs can be seasonal, thematic, Omakase (dealer's choice) or comissioned. Mark sometimes brags that he can tell stories for at least two days without repeating. -->https://transmitjoy.com/festival/
- Tales of Chelm, Original and traditional Jewish tales, suitable for every audience. --> https://transmitjoy.com/chelm/
- Seasonal Programs for: spring, summer (camp), autumn (spooky), winter warmers, and holidays. https://transmitjoy.com
Mark's mission is to transmits joy with story to readers and listeners of all ages. He tours the world, writing and performing original takes on traditional stories, tall tales, autobiographical lies and stories of fools and wise folk that entertain and educate people of all ages and backgrounds.
Recent works include: The Zombie Cat (middle), Transmit Joy (winner 2016 Parents' Choice Award for audio storytelling), Cinderella Spinderella (winner 5 awards!) , It Ate My Sister, A Holiday Present, Stories for Peace, A Chanukah Present (finalist National Jewish Book Award for Family Literature), and his bestselling Bed Time Story Book Series.
For the latest, please visit the website at https://transmitjoy.com