Director/Community/Events Coordinator, Arts Educator and Artist Nina Salazar brings not only a deep passion for public art and supporting artists from all walks of life, but years of experience in fundraising, event planning, development, arts administration , policy and grant writing, as well as an established network of colleges and collaborators from both the arts and business sectors.
- Manage a thousand (1,000) square foot art gallery and event space. Duties include: designing the space, working with contractors and other outside vendors to establish the final look for the property.
- Create coursework and curricula for student instruction and teacher development training.
- Produce workshops for organizations in the Greater Hartford area, as well as create team building workshops for corporate clients.
- Construct and execute marketing and social media plans, develop and distribute promotional materials along with periodic new client recruitment.
- Curate all exhibitions and plan various special events. Responsibilities include: establishing event or exhibition themes, building an operational budget, selecting artists and vendors, processing invoices and payments, creating project and exhibition timelines, supervising installation of art work, writing study guides, exhibition descriptions and other materials related to the show or special event.
- Partner with outside artists and community groups for mutually beneficial purposes.
- rovide event and arts consultation services for other Hartford arts groups and serve as an educational and professional training resource.