I have 10+ years of classical training in Bharathanatyam and earned my minor in lyrical dance and performance art from The George Washington University. My international career as a professional choreographer, dancer, and instructor has taken me from the Bay Area's Mona Khan Company to Chennai-based record label Earthsync, La Academia Nicaraguense de la Danza in Managua, Nicaragua, Berklee College of Music's Indian Ensemble, and for the last 3 1/2 years, Boston Bollywood!
My semi-classical and lyrical choreography is emotional, gripping, and fluid, often inspired by the unconventional and unexplored stories, experiences, and situations in our lives. My goal with choreography and dance is to make people feel, and to tell a story ... and perhaps, inspire them to change the way they have imagined themselves, their relationships, and their world.
- 15+ years of Bharathanatyam training, Abhinaya Dance Academy, San Jose, CA
- 15 years of professional and competitive dance experience in the United States and India
- 5 years of professional choreography and dance experience with Mona Khan Company. Choreographed 25+ original works (semi-classical, classical, and lyrical) for semi-annual productions, out-of-state performances, and nonprofit benefit shows.
- 2008-2009: Lead dancer for the Earthsync album ‘Kartick & Gotam’, a fusion of classical South Indian Carnatic musical instruments and vocals with Israeli electronica. Toured and performed with the Business Class Refugees in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi, and New York City.
- Minor in Lyrical & Performance Art, Columbian College of Arts & Sciences, The George Washington University