Hi! I am a visual artist and teacher who believes that art is for ALL! I want to come to your school or group and design an awesome art experience with you based on your client or students' needs and learning goals. I am a teaching artist on the Vermont Arts Council teaching artist roster, a part-time public school art teacher in Essex Junction and art instructor at Burlington City Arts. There is so much to explore in art that, as an artist, I constantly try new media and techniques. Click 'more' for recent projects!
- Coventry School, 2016- Puppetry and set design with k-4 as part of a week-long theatre partnership with teaching artist Trisha Denton.
- Essex Middle School, 2016- Unit on science and sculpture- students created life-size figure sculptures representing the body systems and anatomy
- Integrated Arts Academy, 2015- Guiding muralist Mary Lacy in integrated lesson design, material management and classroom procedures in a 5th Grade geometry mural unit
- Capstone Community Action, Family Literacy Center in Barre, 2015-2016: Developed high school art curriculum for teens who are pregnant or parenting. Students earned H.S. art credit by creating mosaics, artist's books and independent studies
- Barre Town and Barre City Elementary Schools: 2014-2015- Pre-K residency with 3-5 year olds exploring a variety of art techniques and processes in open-ended explorations
- Integrated Arts Academy, Burlington: 2013- Unit on science and art. Essential question: "How can we use fiber art, painting, drawing, and sculpture to explore weather and water?" Children created sculpture and mural of the water cycle and clouds
- Integrated Arts Academy: 2014- Kindergarten residency exploring clay techniques, math and 3-D forms and Living vs. Non Living Things
- Integrated Arts Academy: 2014- 1st Grade residency on printmaking and the phases of the moon, including a group mural
- Speaker at Vermont Creative Council Creative Summit, Vermont College of Fine Arts Our panel, "Pathways to Partnerships," described collective impact, arts integration and Universal Design for learning as it relates to teaching artistry.
- Presenter at Kennedy Center's Art and Special Education conference in Washington DC, National VSA conference (The national organization on Arts and Disability) . Spoke about Vermont arts partnerships and about kindergarten units that I taught through the Vermont Arts Council
- Professional development for Head Start teachers.Taught printing projects and presented pre-K print lesson plans.
- Graduate of Arts Connect. Course was made possible by a grant from the Kennedy Center. Applied Universal Design for Learning, Understanding by Design, and best practices for art integration and collaboration. Adapting lessons for children with cognitive and physical disabilities, and for English Language Learners.