I am Dana Gambardella, writer, life-long learner, love-to-laugh Italian-American and President of Literacy Chef Publishing, LLC, a self-publishing company that merges my educator passion for childhood literacy with a vital mission for young readers to embrace their own process as the essential ingredient to fostering a love of story and a lifetime of literacy.
I have published two children's books, Mama Bear's Magic and Grandma's House. Learn more about each title below.
Mama Bear's Magic
Delight in Mama Bear's Magic as Tiny Bear realizes that bath time can actually be "beary" fun! This humorous, truth-telling look at bath time illustrates how Tiny Bear overcomes his apprehension for the bath because of Brother Bear's modeling and Mama Bear's clever approach. It's like magic!
Key Selling Points
- Relatable to parents and children
- Humor engages young readers and entices them to read more
- Encourages the importance of independent self-care and hygiene
- Highlights the bond between mother and child
- Showcases older siblings as role models
- Appropriate mentor text to support health education delivered by nurses or educators
- The perfect gift for mothers-to-be and/or adding to a child's bookshelf
Savor the sounds, tastes, smells, and feelings that come to life only at Grandma's House - a memoir that transcends time and cultures.
The book cover and illustrations throughout the story replicate the house that still stands in Providence, RI today, as well as the items in the home, of the author's favorite childhood place - Grandma's House. A series of vivid memories come alive through the light, impressionistic watercolor techniques on each page that lend itself to the story's feeling of nostalgia for readers of all ages.
The story comes full circle, capturing how the author processes her childhood experiences in order to discover, as an adult, that her senses, thankfully, keep her cherished memories alive forever.
Key Selling Points
- The character's thoughts and actions elicit emotion in readers of all ages
- Encourages children to reflect on their own process and how experiences shape them
- As a mentor text, supports educators with cross-curricular connections, i.e. the five senses, sensory imagery, memoir and descriptive writing, and social emotion learning discussions
- A Read Aloud for all ages
- The perfect gift to honor a Grandmother' birthday and or National Grandparent's Day
Learn more about my work as a educator and passions for literacy and the culinary arts at www.literacychefpublishing.com
Let's connect as a community of readers, writers, thinkers and speakers on social media (@LiteracyChef) to foster childhood literacy through a love of story.