Jump to navigation
- Amphitheater / Concert Shell / Bandstand: an outdoor space with tiers of seats rising gradually outward from a central open space or stage.
- Arena / Grandstand: a large, enclosed or open structure for viewing performances, sports or other entertainment.
- Black Box: a flexible type of theatre space which can be altered or converted from one category to another.
- Proscenium Theater: the traditional, picture-window stage separated from the auditorium by a proscenium arch, so that the audience views the action from a single "fourth wall" perspective.
- Theater in the Round: the audience completely surrounds the stage.
- Thrust Stage: all types of facilities wherein the stage juts into the audience and is thereby surrounded on three sides.