The basic Search options consist of the following:
Profile Type: Search for profiles that have identified themselves as an artist, cultural nonprofit, or a creative business. For definitions of these profile types, read this FAQ.
State: All artists, cultural nonprofits, and creative businesses with profiles on CreativeGround are located within one of the six New England states. You can select multiple states to expand your search.
Postal Code: Find all profiles in which a particular postal code appears in the physical address. Use the enhanced search options to find profiles that are located within a specified distance of a particular zipcode.
Keyword Search: Keywords are words, phrases, and terms that you can enter to narrow the results to only profiles containing those words. There are different ways to search for profiles using specific keywords:
- Use quotation marks around keywords to search for profiles in which an "exact phrase" can be found. For instance, entering the keywords “African Dance” will search for profiles that have that exact phrase in their profile.
- Searching for phrases without quotation marks will find profiles in which each word from the phrase can be found. For instance, entering the keywords African Dance without quotation marks will search for profiles in which the words African AND Dance both appear.
- Using the word OR in between keywords will search for profiles in which one or more of the words from the phrase can be found. For instance, entering the phrase African OR Dance will search for all of the profiles in which one or both of those words appear.
Basic keyword searches using one or multiple keywords without quotation marks will result in profiles sorted by relevance, prioritizing profiles with that keyword in the profile name, primary discipline, secondary discipline, and frequency of keyword.
Profile Name: Use this field to search specifically for profiles in which particular keywords appear only in their name.
Use the enhanced search options to use specific criteria to find profiles. Profiles can be searched for by over 25 fields, including Primary and Additional Disciplines, Activities and Services, Populations Served, and Accessibility of Services, to name a few.
- You can select one option within a field, which will return all profiles that meet that one criterion. (ie. Select Art Centers within the Institution/Business Type field to pull up a list of all Art Centers listed in CreativeGround.)
- Select multiple options within a field, which will get you a bigger list of profiles that meet ANY of your selected criteria (ie. Select Art Centers AND Galleries / Exhibition Space in the Institution/Business Type field to pull up a list of all Art Centers as well as all Galleries / Exhibition Spaces listed in CreativeGround.
- Select options in a combination of fields, which will get you a smaller list of the profiles that meet ALL of your selected criteria. (ie. Select Art Centers within the Institution/Business Type field AND Artist Market from the Activities and Services fields to find all Art Centers that do Artist Markets.