- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - PhotographyInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
Jane is a photographer, mixed-media artist, and part-time professor at RISD. She is also a licensed social worker and enjoys working with children of all ages, as well as adults.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Music - BandInstitution/Business Type:Performing Groups
A native of Trinidad-Tobago Jason Roseman, a steel plan player and maker, brings to us the warmth and vitality of Caribbean sounds. Steel drums were born as a means of playing music when drums were banned in Trinidad.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - PaintingInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
Portrait artist, painter, and muralist Jennifer Iwasyk draws on a diverse community of people for her art. She has taught in public schools, the RISD Young Artist program, senior centers and public libraries.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - GeneralInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
Mosiacs-Murals. Working with teachers and students, Regelson will decide upon a theme which dovetails with the classroom curriculum. Using student drawings, the artist creates a composite, which becomes the image for the mural.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Theater - GeneralInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
Joan Merwyn custom-designs eduational residencies, which inspire and empower students of all ages and cognitive abilities. Collaborating with teachers, Joan integrates relevant curriculum material.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Music - Ethnic / WorldInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
At ease with both traditional and popular music of the Cape Verde Islands, John Monteiro (Joao Cerilo) regularly entertains large audiences at festivals and in the more intimate setting of local clubs. An internationally known musician, Mr.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - Mixed MediaInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
John is a visual artist who is interested in public art. He has worked with young people in the United States and Central America to develop and paint murals. Other workshops include: portraiture, self-portraiture, mask-making and comic books-graphic novels.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Music - GeneralInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
Instrument & Wampum making; Antler & Wood Sculpture. Jon began building musical instruments in 1970. He has built guitars, mandolins, bouzoukis and, more recently, drums and rattles both on commission and for his own musical endeavors.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - CeramicsInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
Ceramics. Kate Champa has a Masters Degree in Art History from Harvard, and attended the RISD Ceramics Department from 1978-81. She has taught students of all ages and worked in various school and after school programs, both with abled and special needs students.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Literature - FictionInstitution/Business Type:Artists (Individual)
Writing, Drawing and Comics. Combining creative and analytical activities allows students to learn about subjects, and become invested in them in multiple ways.
- NEFA Grant Recipient
- Cultural Nonprofit
- Creative Business
Explore New England's creative sector
Explore is a unique alternative to CreativeGround's Search tool.
- Start from the big picture, then using as many or as few options on the left below, filter through all of the profiles in CreativeGround to discover and quantify the different types of creative assets in the region.
- If you are looking for profiles in a particular city, first select a state, press 'apply', and a list of all cities that have CreativeGround profiles in that state will appear in the left-hand search column.
- If you do not understand an option, please check the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Displaying 51 - 60 of 133 results