- New HampshirePrimary Discipline:Humanities - Cultural HeritageInstitution/Business Type:Museums - Other
The mission of the Seacoast African American Cultural Center is to celebrate the lives and achievements of black people with emphasis on the unique story of African Americans in the Seacoast region, and to infuse all people, especially young people, with knowledge of and appreciation for the hist
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Theater - StorytellingInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
I am a visual artist, author and storyteller. You may have seen my children's books, Old Salty Dog and Lily & Pete's Frightful Field Guide For Spooky Kids out in the world. I love taking kids on a journey with my stories. Even more than that, I love
- VermontPrimary Discipline:Multi-DisciplinaryInstitution/Business Type:Arts Centers
Located in rural Sharon, Vermont, the Seven Stars Arts Center (SSAC), formerly Vermont Independent School of the Arts, was founded in 2002 in response to widespread budget cuts in public school music education.
- MassachusettsPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - GeneralInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Sheila Novak is an interdisciplinary artist living and working in Boston, MA. Her work explores grief, loss and vulnerability, as well as themes of belonging and place through a multimedia practice.
- VermontPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - LeatherInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Shirly is currently serving as a member of the Vermont Commission for Native American Affairs. Having grown with up two strong role models, her mother and grandmother, Shirly started sewing at a very young age.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Music - Ethnic / WorldInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
A native of Mali, West Africa, Sidy Maiga has been drumming since he was in his early
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - Illustration / DrawingInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Art has always been a passion of mine but I never considered myself to be an artist. With a bachelor in Sociology, a minor in Justice Law and Society, and a partially completed Masters in Rehabilitation Counseling, I worked for 12 years in health and human services.
- MassachusettsPrimary Discipline:Dance - EthnicInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
My name is Chefiatou Tokou aka Chefi, I am a Togolese- natural born dancer who has been teaching and performing professionally since 2000.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Music - Rap / Hip-HopInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Slitty Wrists is a 23-year-old Dominican Artist from Providence, RI, who believes that we all have the ability to change the world and expand human consciousness through various art forms, redefining what it means to be an artist, lyricist, and a human.
- New HampshirePrimary Discipline:Music - TraditionalInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
"Although New Hampshire isn’t the most obvious home for a group so devoted to the culture of The Big Easy, the Soggy Po’ Boys seem genuine in their ambition to spread the word about jazz New Orleans style, and they’re creating an accessible and fun way into this world."
- NEFA Grant Recipient
- Cultural Nonprofit
- Creative Business
Explore New England's creative sector
Explore is a unique alternative to CreativeGround's Search tool.
- Start from the big picture, then using as many or as few options on the left below, filter through all of the profiles in CreativeGround to discover and quantify the different types of creative assets in the region.
- Explore your area: first select a state, press 'apply', and a list of all cities that have CreativeGround profiles in that state will appear in the left-hand search column.
- If you do not understand an option, please check the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Displaying 291 - 300 of 378 results