- MassachusettsPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - JewelryInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Jannette vanderhoop is from the Aquinnah Wampanoag tribe on Martha’s Vineyard. She is a serious, accomplished and prolific artist who makes authentic Indigenous jewelry.
- ConnecticutPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - Mixed MediaInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
I am focused on illustrating the stories of the Northeast Woodland People with emphasis on the Wabanaki Group (Abenaki, MicMac, Maliseet, Penobscot, Passamaquody). The stories and designs are worked on gourds which have been traditionally used by First People since 10,000 B.C.
- MainePrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - Basket WeavingInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Brown ash and sweetgrass basketry, beadwork, and reproductions of historical Wabanaki clothing.
- MassachusettsPrimary Discipline:Dance - EthnicInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
- MassachusettsPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - CeramicsInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
- ConnecticutPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - GeneralInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
To create with one's hands a cosmic masterpiece first derived from fleeting thoughts scrambled around in our brain; that is art. What started out as a small kindness and a desire to keep loved ones safe, transformed itself into a business.
- VermontPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - Musical InstrumentsInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
I started learning to make Native Americian Flutes over 2 years ago. I have been expanding my designs and make most of my flutes out of reclaimed wood. Aproximatly I make about 1/2 of them as custum orders for people.
- MainePrimary Discipline:Design - FashionInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
I make luxury cloths with traditional passamaquoddy double-curve design beadwork. My hand-beaded overlay designs are a continuation on the traditional chiefs coats, peaked caps and wool blankets.
- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - Basket WeavingInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
- ConnecticutPrimary Discipline:Theater - PlaywritingInstitution/Business Type:Performing Groups
Madeline Sayet is a citizen of the Mohegan Tribe in Connecticut, where she was raised on a combination of traditional Mohegan stories and Shakespeare.
- NEFA Grant Recipient
- Cultural Nonprofit
- Creative Business
Explore New England's creative sector
Explore is a unique alternative to CreativeGround's Search tool.
- Start from the big picture, then using as many or as few options on the left below, filter through all of the profiles in CreativeGround to discover and quantify the different types of creative assets in the region.
- Explore your area: first select a state, press 'apply', and a list of all cities that have CreativeGround profiles in that state will appear in the left-hand search column.
- If you do not understand an option, please check the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Displaying 21 - 30 of 44 results