- Rhode IslandPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - PaintingInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Yvonne King, artist
‘My inspiration for painting is largely taken from the landscape, the energy of the sea in particular. Maybe that’s because I’m from Connemara which means ‘people of the sea’.’
- MainePrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - GeneralInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Brown Ash, Sweetgrass Basketry
- MassachusettsInstitution/Business Type:Media - Periodicals
Monthly magazine on political, cultural, social, and economic life in the U.S.
- VermontPrimary Discipline:Literary Arts - GeneralInstitution/Business Type:Independent Presses
- VermontPrimary Discipline:Music - JazzInstitution/Business Type:Performing Groups
AFRO-CARIBBEAN FREE JAZZ
Melodies and grooves from Africa and the Antilles meet the intensity and freedom of contemporary improvisation.
Based in Brattleboro, Vermont, Zabap features seven of New England’s master improvisors: Eugene Uman, keyboards;
Zabel specializes in helping women of all ages empower themselves by connecting them to their feminine roots through the art of belly dance.
- VermontPrimary Discipline:Music - GeneralInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
A bamboo flute maker with over 20 years experience in building, and performing on a wide variety of wind and percussion instruments. He has created two multicultural music education programs on the history and development of musical instruments.
- MaineInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
Acoustic guitarist (Southern folk styles): Piedmont blues, Bluegrass, Oldtime (flatpicking and fingerpicking). Former instructor at East Tennesseee State's Bluegrass Program. Nashville Music Award nominee for Best Instrumental album.
- ConnecticutPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - PaintingInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
BFA Alfred University 1995
MFA Boston University 1998
- MassachusettsPrimary Discipline:Visual/Crafts - PaintingInstitution/Business Type:Artist (Individual)
My work grapples to pertain to certain aspects of both abstract expressionism and surrealism. Through layers of oil paint, ink and charcoal, geometric and organic forms begin to consume previous layers.
- NEFA Grant Recipient
- Cultural Nonprofit
- Creative Business
Explore New England's creative sector
Explore is a unique alternative to CreativeGround's Search tool.
- Start from the big picture, then using as many or as few options on the left below, filter through all of the profiles in CreativeGround to discover and quantify the different types of creative assets in the region.
- Explore your area: first select a state, press 'apply', and a list of all cities that have CreativeGround profiles in that state will appear in the left-hand search column.
- If you do not understand an option, please check the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Displaying 30831 - 30840 of 30893 results